Our Members Speak…
about Opera Today
Monday, 17 April 2023 at 730 pm ET by ZOOM
For this, our last meeting of the season, members of our executive committee are going to be holding a discussion loosely entitled “Opera Today or What is Happening to Productions?” with special emphasis on current Wagner presentations from some major opera houses.
Have you ever thought about:
- What, in your opinion, constitutes a ‘good opera production’?
- Compare older styles of opera productions and singing to what is happening in more recent times.
- How has vocal and scenic opera production progressed/changed?
- Does director-driven theatre (Regie Theatre) compromise the composers and the librettist’s intentions?
- What would you like to see in modern operatic work?
Members of the audience will be invited and encouraged to tell us about their experiences, views and opinions.
It promises to be a lively event and we encourage you to tune in and join in!
Register for the ZOOM call by using the follow link: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0tcO2trzItEtPpZhX2tdpccbbVGBk926EM